This is a summary of the cover provided under the Santander Return to Invoice GAP insurance. The Supplying Retailer is authorised to sell this insurance on behalf of the insurer, London General Insurance Company Limited (we/us/our). A copy of the full terms and conditions is available upon request.
You are eligible for cover on the date of application for this Policy if:
And the insured vehicle:
Please Note: The following are not eligible for cover:
any American make of vehicle unless:
FEATURES & BENEFITS
In the event of your motor insurer declaring the insured vehicle a total loss, for example due to fire, an accident or theft, the Policy will pay the greater of:
1. Return to Invoice (available for up to 36 months from the Policy starting date) - the difference between your motor insurer’s settlement and the purchase price of the insured vehicle (please refer to the definition of purchase price below); OR
2. Financial Shortfall (available for up to 60 months from the Policy starting date, subject to the duration of your finance agreement) - the difference between your motor insurer’s settlement and the balance outstanding on your finance agreement, excluding arrears and any resulting interest on your finance agreement.
Claims are limited to the purchase price of the vehicle. No amount will be payable in respect of any credit provided under the finance agreement (if any) which exceeds the purchase price of the vehicle.
Definition of Purchase Price: purchase price means the amount paid to purchase the insured vehicle after deducting any discount given, and excluding road fund licence, delivery charges, cherished number plate transfers, and any other administration fees, insurance premiums or subscription charges and any outstanding debt transferred from a previous vehicle. We will include any factory fitted options and any manufacturer endorsed dealer/retailer fitted accessories. For new vehicles the cost of road fund licence, first registration fee, delivery charges and number plates are included).
The claim limit may also include cover for your motor insurance excess. If you have selected cover for motor insurance excess the amount covered will be detailed in your Policy document.
Providing the premiums due are paid up to date the Policy provides cover from the Policy starting date for:
No benefit will be paid:
A full list of exclusions is contained within section 4 of the Policy terms and conditions.
- Benefit is conditional upon you receiving a total loss payment under your motor insurance. You must contact us before accepting a settlement offer from your motor insurer.
- Cancellation: You may cancel this cover within 30 days of receiving your Policy documentation and you will receive a full refund providing no claim has been made during this period. You may cancel the Policy at any time, however if you cancel after this initial 30 day period you will not be entitled to any refund of premium paid. To cancel, please put your request in writing to the Administrator at the address given in the Claims section below.
- If your motor insurer reduces the total loss payment due to undisclosed information (including driving convictions or the insured vehicle having no MOT) we will settle your claim based on the market value and not the settlement amount offered by your motor insurer.
- The vehicle is covered in the UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and the European Economic Area (subject to your motor insurance being valid whilst you are in the European Economic Area).
To make a claim please contact the Claims Department by calling 0844 854 0937 or by writing to GAP Insurance Claims Department, TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF.
For complaints relating to the selling of this insurance please write to the agent from which the insurance was purchased and whose details were provided to you in their Status Disclosure at point of sale.
For complaints relating to administration or claims handling you may write to the Customer Relations Department, TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF.
For complaints relating to the terms of this contract please write to the insurer, London General Insurance Company Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF.
If, after following the above complaints procedure you are not satisfied with the response your complaint may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR.
None of the above affects any right of action you may have.
Law Applicable: Unless agreed to the contrary prior to the Policy inception, this Policy shall be subject to the law of England and Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland dependant upon the residential location of the policyholder.
Regular payment by Direct Debit. As payments are made in arrears, each payment corresponds to the cover already provided under the Policy.
Language: This Policy is written in English and all correspondence entered into shall be in English.
Insurer: The insurer is London General Insurance Company Limited registered number 1865673, whose head and registered offices are at Integra House, Floor 2, Vicarage Road, Egham, Surrey TW20 9JZ. The insurer is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, FRN 202689.
Compensation: You may be entitled to compensation under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the event that we are unable to meet our liabilities in full.
Special Needs: For large print, audio and Braille you may call us on 0844 871 8061 or text telephone 0844 871 8211.
‘these details were correct at time of publication please refer to the supplier website for full terms and conditions