At FG Barnes DAF in Guildford, Surrey
We are a family owned company established since 1899 and have locations in Guildford, Maidstone, Canterbury & Shoreham representing Vauxhall, Nissan, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, Fiat Professional, Subaru, MG, SEAT, SsangYong and DAF Brands. Due to the expansion and development of the FG Barnes Group, we are looking for an experienced General Manager to join the team at our busy DAF Truck workshop in Guildford.
We are looking to recruit an energetic individual to manage DAF commercial vehicle operation. A local provider of commercial vehicle solutions, operating from a network of strategically positioned depots across the Southeast.
To provide and promote service excellence across the commercial vehicle area of the business. The ideal candidate will effectively maximise, Vehicle sales, Service & Maintenance, Parts & Accessories and Trade Parts sales by increasing revenue and profit margins by ensuring the efficient and profitable running of all aspects of their area through strategic planning and input.
The General Manager is also responsible for upholding strong audit standards, developing employees and safeguarding the well-being of all employees and visitors in their area.
- Responsible for the effective and profitable operational running of the area
- Builds and promotes best working relationships with manufacturer and supply partners
- Influences sales performance, through effective fleet and sales strategy
- Upholds high levels of audit compliance across then area
- Mentors, supports, appraises and develops their branches staff
- Safeguards the health, safety and welfare of all employees and visitors, ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the premises are upheld to the correct standard
- Engages with the training and development requirements of all staff
Extremely organised and have negotiating experience at a high level is what we require:
- Extensive experience as a General Manager (or similar level of responsibility).
- Profit and Loss experience and strong financial acumen
- Senior level exposure to tendering support and mobilisation
- Able to demonstrate managing larger workforces in a commercial vehicle setting
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with a proven ability
- CPC qualification desirable
- Experience working in the Truck industry
- The ability to work within a commercially driven and time-critical environment.
- Experience of people and health and safety management within a unionised and multi-shift environment.
- Extensive understanding of the commercial vehicle industry and relevant laws.
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation.
- Strong knowledge of the local area.
- An understanding of lean methodology and the ability to work to clearly defined KPIs.
- Proven track record of delivering continuous improvement within an operational environment.
- The ability to plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire your team, and colleagues, at every level.
You will work amongst a team of like-minded individuals who are focused upon delivering product quality and service excellence.