At FG Barnes DAF in Guildford, Surrey
We are a family owned company established since 1899 and have locations in Guildford, Maidstone, Canterbury & Shoreham representing Vauxhall, Nissan, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, MG, SEAT, CUPRA, SsangYong and DAF Brands.
Due to the expansion and development of the FG Barnes Group, our thriving and growing DAF Guildford business is seeking to recruit a HGV/PSV Technician.
Reports to Service Manager/Workshop Foreman.
Working day and late shifts on a rota; To maintain, inspect, repair and test customers’ vehicles and/or plant and equipment to prescribed standards in accordance with the Department for Transport, manufacturer and Operator licence Criteria, to also work on light commercial vehicles as and when required.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- To maintain, inspect, repair and test customers’ vehicles and/or plant and equipment
- Prepare, present and accompany all HGV/PSV vehicles, other than exempt categories, for annual MOT inspections
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV/PSV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards
- Carry out fault diagnosis on mechanical and electrical systems
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required
- To prepare and decommission vehicles. Fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery
- To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop computer system as necessary
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to
- To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition
- To attend training courses reviews and keep up to date with latest product innovation and availability
- To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff