At FG Barnes Maidstone in Kent
We are a family owned company established since 1899 and have locations in Guildford, Maidstone, Canterbury, Aldershot & Shoreham representing Vauxhall, Nissan, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, Fiat Professional, Subaru, MG, SEAT, SsangYong and DAF Brands. As part of our continued growth plans, we are looking to recruit a high calibre individual to join our FG Barnes Maidstone Service Department, as a Service Advisor.
As a Service Advisor, the main purpose of your role is to maximise Service profitability using sales techniques and deliver excellent service to all customers. Previous motor trade experience is required.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Take bookings for service work via website contact, telephone or face-to-face at Service Reception, obtaining all information required and communicating this effectively to the workshop
- Schedule service work to fulfil customer requirements and maximise workshop utilisation
- To ensure the effective use of courtesy vehicles to maximise customer service
- To promote services and products to the customer as appropriate
- To raise job cards in line with manufacturer standards
- To receive completed job cards and inform the customer of the expected completion time and cost involved
- To inform customers in instances where additional work is required or problems arise and gain their authority to proceed
- To give the customer an explanation of the work done and invoice details, ensuring that the correct payment is received prior to the release of the vehicle
- To ensure the full completion of service documentation and maintain accurate customer data
- To ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively, and that any unresolved problems are referred to the Service Manager.
The successful candidate will receive competitive pay, with full on going training and the opportunity for future career progression.
If you would like to apply for the role, please complete the application form below.